What is the will of God for today?
Through scriptural references and spiritual experiences the family relates the gift from God to us of a free will and how we put it to work to bring forth His Kingdom on this earth.
• It is a principle that I know that we are trying to reach into and learn how to forget the things that are past, reach into the new today and dump the old.
• God is reaching out to us through His different names. He is showing us who He really is.
• Exodus 6 tells us that God appeared to Moses as God Almighty. In Joshua 5 He appears as the Captain of the Lord of Host, He also appears to us as the Deliverer. God has a thousand faces.
• People pray all the time, but it is fruitless because they are not praying for His will.
• We cannot put God in a box, He can do so much more than what we can ask or think.
• God in His love and His wisdom will hold you in His will until you are complete. He is the Captain of the Lord of Host.
3 and I appeared to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, as God Almighty, but by My name, LORD, I did not make Myself known to them.
13 Now it came about when Joshua was by Jericho, that he lifted up his eyes and looked, and behold, a man was standing opposite him with his sword drawn in his hand, and Joshua went to him and said to him, “Are you for us or for our adversaries?”
14 He said, “No; rather I indeed come now as captain of the host of the LORD.” He said, “No; rather I indeed come now as captain of the host of the LORD.”
3 Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts.
20 Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly beyond all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us.
7 Burnt offering and sin offering You have not required. Then I said, “Behold, I come In the scroll of the book it is written of me.
8 I delight to do Your will, O my God Your Law is within my heart.”
9 then He ]said, “BEHOLD, I HAVE COME TO DO YOUR WILL.” He takes away the first in order to establish the second.
We need to make sure our sensitivity and desire to hear Him speak to us is attuned and that comes from practice.
If Christ walked down the aisle of their church they would miss Him because they would not recognize Him.
He sees the whole picture way beyond what I understand. Father, help me walk in your will. Not my will but thine be done.
God has given humanity a free will, he is looking for a freewill offering of love, worship, and obedience back to Him.