Every marriage is different, so how can we progress from here? Do we start over? How do we Love one another afresh? What roll does God play with Marriages?
- What do we do with an existing marriage relationship?
- Each couple is different and there are varying levels of how they are relating, are they in troubled waters? How do they get on the same page with one another?
- Start over. Start anew, yesterday is gone and nothing can be done to change what has happened. The good, the bad, indifferent etc. Start afresh. Start dating again, start asking questions.
- A relationship must be nurtured, worked at and expressed.
- What are your goals as a couple?
- Commitment is a must in any relationship, honesty and integrity are foundations for commitment.
- God created marriage. The purpose of a marriage is to serve God. Each individual has their respective relationship with God, and it needs to grow daily. Same with a marriage, it needs to grow in God as well as with each other. Without the help of the Holy Spirit guiding the failure rates are remarkably high. Look at statistics, even in the churches today, failed marriages are too high.
- 23. And the man said, “This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh; She shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.”
- 24. For this cause a man shall leave his father and his mother and shall cleave to his wife; and they shall become one flesh.
- 5. And said, ’For this cause a man shall leave his father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife; and the two shall become one flesh’?
- 6. “Consequently they are no longer two, but one flesh.
What therefore God has joined together, let no man separate.”