What happened at Gilgal? God did it again. He delivered His people into His promises and fulfillment by rolling away the reproach of Egypt.
• Moses has died and Joshua is now the leader. The sons of those who died in the wilderness were preparing to go in to possess the promise land.
• Passover was celebrated at Gilgal. It was a repeat of the Passover in Egypt. They passed over on dry land.
• The Passover at Gilgal was the rolling away the reproach of Egypt. God established a pattern of Passover.
• The Captain of the Lord of Host revealed Himself to Joshua as leader and lead the Israelites into the promise land.
• Passover is all about the delivery of God's nature and His plan for us is to be His worshippers.
The Parting of the Jordan River.
Israel Is Circumcised and crosses the Jordan.
Joshua and the Angel of the Lord of Host.
Circumcision of our heart.
Passover at Christ's Crucifixion.
• The principles from the stories we have heard many times are the same today as they were then.
• Paul said neither circumcision nor uncircumcision matters. Why? Because we have entered into the realm of spirit.
Joshua asked the Lord of Host, "Are you for us or for our adversaries?" He said, "No, rather I indeed come now as captain of the host of the Lord."
It was the act of obedience to circumcision that rolled away the reproach of Egypt.
The age we live in, it is God circumcising your heart, cutting away the old.